Friday, July 30, 2010

for/sleeping/eating

For now, just settle with dessert, she said. I sat on the edge of the bed, yes, watching her carefully as she spooned some into my plate.
I silently began eating.
The thought of it being old or stale never crossed my mind. Nor did that of it being poisoned. I just ate, sometimes opening my mouth to taste the air on my tongue.
The time was that I didn't spend too long on it.
Chewing fast, I finished it quickly. It was starting to get dark.
Could I leave now, I asked.
I didn't remember the taste of what i had eaten for lunch.
Sitting in the sun makes you dizzy sometimes, she said. It's dark now, i pointed out.
She nodded, turning suddenly and fixed her eyes on my eyebrows.
Go now, she said brightly, still looking at me.
And don't forget to come for dessert tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment